Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Fair Weather

People can only deal with their own shit. This is just truth. And if you come to them with some outside shit, whether you need help with it or need to drop it off, they will shut down on you like an old car.
What am I referring to: some of my friends and my shit. And yes, I have tons. And over the years, I thought that most of my shit was big, like not knowing whether or not to go to grad school and not being able to find work. But I see now, next to my family facing uncertainties, that shit was relatively small.
So the issue? I filled my friends up with the small shit, with the endless whining and complaining, and now they don't have the time, the energy, or the desire to lend their ears to my new shit which, if I may so so, is pretty dire!
But maybe it is just me being a good friend, but I always have time for a buddy. Even now, when I am knee-high in my room in boxes and luggage, I will answer the phone for a buddy that needs advice on a crush.
But that's life I suppose- it's uneven. All I can do right about now is wish myself luck.

No comments: