Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting Over The Hump

If summer is the time for amore, than fall must be the time for recovery. I know that fall is not officially here, but it is August and right around the corner, and tons of my gal pals are finding themselves no longer love stoned and crashing into recovery mode.
My grandma used to say that everything has a season, but must it be fall? Fall when you already feel sad because the weather is changing and dreary outside and the sweaters and gloves you need aren't on sale yet. Winter would even be better because I would be preoccupied with planning my birthday party and Christmas shopping- there would literally be no time to mourn!
I listen to my friends talk about their emotions, and I feel like the emotions elder, seeing that P stuck a knife in my summer happy with his ish. I am here to tell you, nothing is worse than trying to get over someone in the summer because your attitude is all messed up when there is so much fun stuff to get into!
Let's face it: there is never a good time to get your heart broken and have to fix it. All you can ask for, whether sunny or cloudy day, is the energy to get over the hump and on to the next good thing. Sigh.

No comments: