Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Call

This weekend I talked to P.
I randomly texted him in response to his picture text, and that led to us talking on the phone.
It's funny, because I thought that all this time talking to him would make me all extra happy. I would not say that I was not happy, but I am more so happy to hear that he is OK than anything. I don't get the feeling that we will be talking again soon or anything, just good to know he is cool.
Call me childish, but I am also happy that he was the one to crack and call me, not the other way around. I also take pleasure in his realizing that I blocked him from leaving comments on my Facebook page.
The convo did get a little odd though when he put his new girlfriend on the phone and had me say hi. She seems nice, and I was pleasant. But I just feel like the whole thing was inappropriate. I don't feel like I care to know his new beau, and I found it odd that after not talking for damn near two months, introducing me to his new lady was on his to-do list. I was unphased. This is just part of the assiness that is P, but Dorothy was not excited.
"He contacted you because he had not heard from you and wanted to make sure that you were still in his corner, that he could still show you minimal respect! Don't talk to him, block his number, and erase him from your Facebook! You don't have time for this shit!"
I would hope that this is not the case, but it probably is. Just understand, my expectations are low. After the whole fiasco, his feaux-apology, and his friend-dumping me through text, I don't see how we can be buddy-buddy again. I don't think that either of us wants to. Our whole friendship, at least on my end, was a complete emotional roller coaster. And even though I have been missing him somethin' horrible and wanted to talk to him so bad, I am settled. I have to say that I am cool now with being off this ride. I feel...resolved.