Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friends in Low Places

I grew up with a girl named Charnae. For a large portion of my life, I considered her my best friend. But I lost contact with her. She was always changing her number, and sadly, the last time I saw her was at my 22 birthday celebration debacle where she showed up late, came with me and my buds to the Apache Cafe, and was picked up by a guy that was CLEARLY a drug dealer.
The update? Well, roomie said that she heard through the very short ATL grapevine that Charnae is now a prostitute. Sigh. That she hangs out with a girl that I also used to hang with in middle school who is now a mother and a CONFIRMED prostitute. Double sigh.
I wish I could call her. She told me once that she would never lose touch with me because she knew my grandmother's number by heart. But as you know, Granny no longer has a number. She now lives in a nursing home.
I find it so weird how you can start at point A with people and end up in COMPLETELY different directions. There was a time that I wanted to be like Charnae. I wanted to be stylish and have boyfriends and a cute haircut and a bangin' body. Now what? Although I have found it impossible to pray for myself lately I will pray for my old buddy Nay-Nay. It's the least and all I can do.

No comments: