Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Week

I woke up, sat up, and looked at the calendar to see if I had any interviews for today. And I saw that today is Tuesday which means two things: that it is buy one taco get one free at Moe's and that it has been one whole week since the Faux-Mega incident.
Guys, this has been quite possibly the most emotional week of my life next to the week after Katrina and the week after I got my first Pap Test! One minute I wanted this guy to come over, the next minute I was writing all men out of my life, then I'd convinced myself I had contracted an STD from a boob lick. The waiting on his return texts, the horniness, the disappointment in myself, the symptom Googling. MY GOD! It has only been a week?! I feel like it has been a month or two! I feel that this is the perfect time to remind myself that I don't know this guy, and that chances are that I probably won't! I hate to be honest with myself, so I had Taji do it, and he told me that the whole thing has no future and to get over it. I presented myself as a hoe for a day, thinking that a first date at MY HOUSE would actually work. The outcome: what usually happens on a first date in a locked bedroom. I wish I had a good friend here to slap me or something.
In this week, I have talked to my friends about this and even Faux-Mega himself the day it happened. And everyone said the same thing: that I am grown. Funny, I don't feel grown. I feel like a10- year-old that was caught doing something she shouldn't have been doing.
I am emotionally drained and clearly not grown enough to do grown stuff...especially on the semi-casual sexual side. I'm too tired to go on with being frantic and replaying things in my mind. I can't let this one slip of judgment continue to make me feel bad. So I declare today on Tuesday that one week is enough. Yet still, it would be really bitchin' if he called me today. OK, OK, I'm done.

No comments: