Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Grown

I pay my own bills. I have now gone on my first date. I am officially too old to be on The Real Word. I almost had sex. I can vote. I mean, the evidence is never ending that I am grown. So why, why, oh why does my mother still talk to me like I am 5 1/2?
Yesterday, while visiting her, she bought a package of cookies and like a fool, I attempted to go back to the pack for seconds and she grunts all loud and scrunches up her face. So I'm like, "Uggh!" That was all that was needed for her to spring into a 40-second attack.
She just started going on and on about how she is tired of not being able to say anything to me and she is tired of my attitude and blah, blah, blah. I just wanted to raise my hand and be like, "Pardon me madame...I'M GROWN! I'll get another cookie if I want another cookie!"
But of course, I didn't say that. You have to respect your parents, even when they are being nuts. Plus, I may be grown, but not too grown to get my ass whooped.

No comments: