Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mixed Priorities

Yesterday, my mom picked me up to take me to an event for my job. I was super happy to see her because she brought me food and I am broke, lol. Any way, I get into the car and she shows me that she has gotten a new phone that was $79 bucks!
It took everything in me not to drop my mouth opens. Recently, she was approved for some government assistant which my family desperately needed. My mom has been unable to find work for the past two years. So she was approved for a stipend, but it is VERY little. I feel like she could have done so may wiser things with the dough, like get my siblings some new clothes or something.
But shockingly enough, that is not what really bothered me. My brother is in college and he was not approved for work-study. He can not find a job. She could be sending him cash, seeing that all last year I sent him $100 a month! On top of that, I am literally living hand to mouth with NO disposable income at all. The week before I get paid, I munch on Ramen Noodles and water, yet I still manage to pay my brother's cell phone bill. I decided that that is a bill that I am going to send her way seeing that she has the dough and I am strugglin'.
Looking at her new, shiny phone, I couldn't believe my eyes. But I didn't say anything. She just brought me food after all and was doing me a favor by dropping me off. I have to find the right time to tell her. Sigh, I know that she is going to make a scene. I just don't think this is fair.

No comments: