Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chi State Of Mind

Yesterday, my friend Waddles from college came to my hotel room to hang out. It was so good to see her! But she told me something crazy: she did not bring her car down from home because it cost $25 a month to park in her complex where it cost over a stack a month to live! What?
Then, yesterday, I spent over 11 bucks on two OK Egg Foo Yung patties and the smallest side of white rice I have ever had.
While walking the streets yesterday, being a tourist, I almost got hit like 4 times because the Chitownians completely ignore the little White man on the sign that says it is OK for people to cross the street!
Oh, and to my disappointment, I did not see Kanye or Common.
I say all this to say, I LOVE THIS CITY! I have to live here. I must. This little trip, I feel, has given me the kick in my ass that I need to apply to grad school at Northwestern, my dream school. Guys I should dust off my GRE cards...again.

No comments: