Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Chi Woman- A Disection

Today I went on a little walk downtown to get a feel of the style of the women who live here. I do this wherever I go. I like style watching, primarily to see if there is anything that I want to go home and introduce to Atlanta. This is what I observed:
  • The women wear shades, even though it is not hot or sunny. But I realize now that it is so windy that if you don't wear shades, your make-up will run.
  • I didn't see as many ass-exposing minis like I did in L.A. or as many stilettos as I did in NY. The women here are sensible. Cute flats, low heels, sneakers, boots, and loafers. There is a lot of walking. Alot. Unlike NY women, they take that into account when choosing their shoes.
  • Scarves and pashminas. Left to right scarves and pashminas.
  • Outfits are cute but sensible. Practical. A lot of jeans. A lot of cardigans. Not a lot of over the top style.
  • Their hair is simple: sexy and pulled back. Like I said, it is windy.

So what have I learned to take back to Atlanta for the Winter: take it easy. You can be cute in the cold without being strapped in a thick coat or looking to magaziney.

No comments: