Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting it Together

My friend Sarah recently had a birthday. While I was looking at the pictures of the bday festivities on Facebook, Facebook reminded me that Sarah was in an album from last year...also documenting her birthday. Two Sarah albums? So, of course I click.
As I looked over the adorable outfits, it dawned on me: this was a year ago. This was a whole year ago? I felt like I had looked at those pics for the first time two days ago.
This told me that I need to jazz it up in my life. The days are just starting to fly by, and they all seem the same. I am the same Holly that I was last year! Since we are already talking about Sarah, we can use her as an example. Comparing the two albums, you could tell that her hair was different, her style is different. She is even a hair model for Carol's Daughter!
I still have a fro. Still write. Still broke. Still the same.
So this got me thinking about time, and about how I am not getting any younger, even though I am young. Honestly, after my next birthday, I will not be able to use youth as an excuse for my dumb decisions and lack of drive. When I was 22, I told a boss I had at an internship that I wanted to do communication, but I didn't quite know how and she said: "Figure it out. We are not 18 anymore." Sigh. I wonder what she would say now that I am 25?
This, then, got me thinking about grad school again. I have always wanted to go, but that GRE...Then it hit me: I have almost been out of school 4 years, I could have 2 grad degrees! All of this makes me want to crawl under a table. But I guess there is nothing to it but to do it, easier said than done.

No comments: