Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Perks of Taj

Taji is here tonight, and I am OK.
You see, I recognize that I was being immature and a total hater. I was looking at his involvement with Connie all wrong. I was viewing it as becoming potentially intrusive. I now look at it as a vehicle to get things done.
Just now, Taji put up my mirror. The mirror that has been on the floor since I moved in because I was too lazy to put it up. And as I watched him screwing the nails into the wall, it dawned on me: this could be golden!
You see, right now, his relationship with Connie is really, really fresh. Opinions are still being formed. So he will do what I ask him to do, with a smile even, because he doesn't want to look like a dick in front of Connie. It's perfect!
For example, today I called him and he answered the phone. I know, it doesn't sound like a big deal. But he was at work. Taji minus Connie would not have answered the phone and/ or sent me a blunt text about how he was at work. Not Tonnnie Taji. He answered and was, dare I say, pleasant.
But the window for this opportunity is small, so I need to get all I need done now before they do each other. Once that happens, the jig is up. She will be all attached, and my view of him will no longer matter. So I think I will get started on my list while the window is still open. I need to go to Wal-mart and to the bank.
And yes, I am aware that this is horrible and not nice and bad. I get it. But I am single and need to get stuff done and don't have a choice here. I really don't want to bring my groceries home from Wal-Mart on the bus!

No comments: