Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Misunderstanding

So I have been talking on the phone a lot with boy that I went on the date with. So, I invited him to my house to hang out. I told him to bring a pizza and we could watch Hulu. And he was all like, "I paid last time, it's your turn." My turn. My turn? My turn! What would have ever given him the idea that this was tit for tat?
Then it hit me. He thinks that we are equals in this talking/ hang out stage we are in. 50/50. That's crazy! I don't want to be treated as his equal...I want to be treated better than him! I want to go out and dance and eat and have a good time all at his expense. Silly boy, doesn't he know I have a vagina? That fact alone means that my wallet is closed. I'm a girl! My ad said that I wanted romance. And there is nothing, nothing, NOTHING romantic about me picking up the bill!
Connie said that times have changed and boys want to be met halfway. Times have changed? 25 years worth of time has changed in my life, but I still have a jay-jay which means you still have to pay-pay. I didn't make the rules, thus I will not break them. Sorry.

No comments: